Did you know that you can propose and exhibition in the Chandler Gallery? Proposals are now being accepted – deadline is May 1st – see details below!
Exhibiting at Chandler Gallery
Call for Curators: Deadline: May 1, 2018
Chandler Gallery is inviting a curator or curators to propose a show for 2019 exhibition roaster. If the show is an open call to artists, the call must include a small fee of $15 paid to the gallery. Alternatively, curator/s can invite a group of artists whose work supports the theme of the show in which case no fee will be charged.
- Proposals should be organized around a theme.
- Curator/s can include their work in the show.
- Open to 2D and 3D mediums.
- Gallery coordinator will work on creating a “call for artists” with the curator/s if a call is needed
- Curator/s are strongly encouraged to organize an event during the show in collaboration with the Chandler Gallery Coordinator. This might be a gallery talk with the participating artists, a demonstration, a workshop, or some other type of creative idea connected to the exhibit that will allow for people to engage more deeply with the show.
- The gallery asks for a donation of 30% of sales from exhibitions. All proceeds support the Chandler Gallery.
Submission materials for group proposals:
- Curator/s proposal for the exhibit
- Curator/s short bio and resume, and if applicable 10 jpeg images supporting the concept. The images should be labeled with the artist’s last name. Image size should not exceed 2 megabytes.
- List of images: Artist’s name, title of the piece, medium, dimensions and year.
* Curator/s will be notified between July 1 and 30th.